Friday, May 20, 2011

All Dogs go to Heaven

Big Foot after he got into a fight with the garbage can. 

With a heavy heart I report that Big Foot passed away on Friday, May 13th around 8 p.m.  Early in the day he had a high fever of 105.5 and was taken to the vet.  Later in the evening it was agreed to move him over to Garden State Animal Hospital for overnight observation since his fever only decreased to 104.  Unfortunately, he passed shortly before he was suppose to be transported.

On the way home after being pulled from the Cape May shelter.  He was tuckered out from a busy day and fell fast asleep.   

Big Foot was old, we'll never know how old, but he was a senior dog.  He had two tick diseases that included Lymes.  He was treated with antibiotics twice since I had him and it did help with his stiffness.  Big Foot had his good days and his bad days.  Some days he slept a little longer and others days he wanted to play a little longer.

Big Foot at the L'Oreal event in August.  I just couldn't adopt this handsome boy out.

Even though I had Big Foot as a foster in August and then officially mine mine in November, it was the best nine months with a dog I've ever had.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  Instead of dwelling on the short time we had together, I remember all the fun we had together.
   
Me and my 69lbs lap dog.

I know he's up in doggy heaven hunting birds, rolling in dirt and chasing tennis balls.  It's true when they say rescue dogs know they were rescued and in return, they rescue their owners.  Thank you Big Foot for an amazing time together.




"We'll meet again,
Don't know where,don't know when.
But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day." ~ Vera Lynn

 
Big Foot, I miss you and will always love you.  Godspeed my brown headed companion.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment