Monday, March 14, 2011

Mizpah the Look-Out


Where to hide my toy hmmm

I'll admit, when I heard Mizpah's name I wasn't too fond of it.  I thought to myself, how did such a neglected dog get a name like Mizpah and what does it mean? Obviously the owner took more time picking out a name then providing food or water.

According to the Dictionary.com Mizpah means watch-tower; look-out.

Mizpah has been the look out of the family and the toys.  He can be sleeping and pop one eye open if he hears a noise.  He's a look-out alright. 


For now I call him Mizpah, buddy or friend.  I don't think he knows his name but he comes when spoken to or when called out in the yard. 

Mizpah is very good at hiding toys, unfortunately all the other doggies find them. 



Hiding spot

Big Foot found it!



Mizpah will carefully hide a toy in the shrubs, under leaves or under a pile of rocks.  One afternoon we were outside and I heard a brushing sound.  I looked around to find Mizpah by the fence covering his toy with rocks.  He worked very hard to only have Big Foot rip it out a few seconds later.  Sometimes he'll hide a toy or a bone under my pillow or on the coach.  He doesn't jump on the furniture but when it comes to hiding toys, there are no boundaries! 


No comments:

Post a Comment