Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sissy Adopted!


Sissy with one of her pups

Sissy became my foster a few days before Christmas.  She's a sweet 3-year-old GSP from Iowa.  Here is Sissy's story from her Pet Finder profile:


"Hi! I'm Sissy. I'm a 3 year old female GSP. I'm from Iowa and my story is sort of sad. I'm one happy girl now that I've found my way to this rescue group and into one of their foster homes. Life really IS good!

My owner loved my mate more than me and after I had a litter of puppies, the puppies and I were left to fend for ourselves. I was thrilled with the deer carcass he gave us for one meal, but apparently, animal control wasn't and that's how we came to rescue. I never imagined my life could be so different. My two puppies already have wonderful homes so now it's my turn.

I love attention. I'm very sweet, caring and love to be rubbed and scratched all over. I like meeting new people and making new friends.

In my foster home, I live with two other dogs and I'm fine. Before I made it to NJ, I was in another foster home with 3 cats and 2 smaller dogs and I was fine with them all too. I'm very playful and love toys of any kind when I'm inside. Outside, I enjoy running around the yard and hunting in holes and under sheds - who knows what treasures I may find!

My foster mom really loves me. She said someone is going to be very lucky to find a special girl like me. She saw that I was the best mommy to my puppies. Even when I was super tired, I would entertain them, play with them, keep them clean and love them. Now she wants to find someone who will do the same for me. She says I deserve it!"


Sissy
Because Sissy was neglected, she has a habit of hiding food.  While I watched her, I would find small piles of kibble or treats in the most unexpected places.  I found tiny piles under the pillows on my bed, in the coach, under rugs and in her crate.  After not being fed, I understand. 




Despite having plenty of food, it can be hard to break old habits.  As time passed, she did hide less and less.  I never minded finding the piles.  At times is was funny and I had a good laugh, however, I wanted her to feel safe.  I think she did feel safe and loved, but you never know.  It's hard to break a habit you relied on for survival.     
 

I;m happy to report Sissy found her forever home in January of 2011.  Sissy was a pleasure to have and her foster brother and sister miss playing with her in the snow.  We love you Sissy and wish you the best!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment